National Association of Canine Scent Work, LLC®
Positively Tailored Dog Training, LLC
147 E. Myrtle Ave., Murray, Utah 84107
Saturday, October 20, 2018
ODOR RECOGNITION TESTS: Birch, Anise, Clove
Handlers may run a maximum of one dog per odor
This location is located in a single level office/ warehouse building. There is a wheelchair ramp to get into the building. The main entry will have 2 steps up. The building is located near a busy hospital with LifeFlight helicopters. These helicopters do fly over the parking area and can be loud. Please take that into consideration if you have a sensitive dog.
Entry method: Under the section NACSW Trials and Tests scroll down to ORT ENTRY FORM (when page opens click on the link to bring up the form) Click SUBMIT after filling out information requested. Go to PAY FOR ORT to submit payment for odors you requested.
Entries close Oct. 13, 2018 at 5 PM or when entry limits have been met.
Entries are LIMITED to 100 tests.
Test Site Hours: 8:45 through completion of all tests. Details regarding check in time and briefing will be sent approximately 1 week before the ORT.
Odors: One run of Birch, Anise, Clove
Test Secretary: Kim Beck, 9277 South Burgundy Street, Sandy, UT 84070
Veterinarians: Blue Pearl Vet 24 Hour Vet, 308 West 7200 South Midvale, UT (801 671-0600)
Test Site Information:
- Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or reserved indoor crating area when not in the designated potty area or being tested.
- Your dog must be on a six foot leash in the potty area and to and from the testing area. No flexi-leashes for walking dogs on the test site grounds. A flexi may be used in the test itself.
- There will be limited indoor crating available for $10. To RSVP and pay for indoor crating, on this website under NACSW Trials and Tests go to Pay for ORT (scroll down to Optional indoor Crating) to pay the ten dollars. Then fill out the form located on ORT Request For Indoor Crating and click SUBMIT. Only Non-reactive dogs allowed in the indoor crating area. Please bring your own crate.
Entry Requirements: The handler of the dog must be a current member of the NACSW™. The Dog must be registered with the NACSW™. For information on how to register or become a member go www.nacsw.net
Trial Eligibility and ORTs: An ORT must be taken and passed at least 14 days before a trial opening date to be eligible for the first draw period.
Entry Fee: $25 per dog per odor
Closing Date: October 13, 2018 Overnight mail entries must have the signature request waived.
Refund Policy: No refunds after October 13, 2018
ENTRY FEES shall not be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, or excused by the NACSW™ official or judge.
Professional Video Services will be provided for a fee. You may sign up for the video at check in, the day of the ORT.
ORT participants are allowed to have a friend or family member video/photograph their test. ORT participants are not allowed to video/photograph one another. ORT hosts are not obligated to provide someone to video/photograph.
ADA Requests: If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request accommodation(s), please email ADA@nacsw.net. Include your name, ORT date, ORT host name, and your requested accommodation(s).
Results: During the odor re-sets, the official results sheet will be brought out to the parking area for testers to photo or review. We recommend you verify your results on the official results sheet and let your host or judge know if you have any questions regarding your results.
Directions to Test Site:
Coming from the South on I-15: Take the 5300 South Exit, Turn Right onto 5300 South, Go to State Street and turn left, Myrtle Avenue will be on the right just past Starbucks and Murray Park (Myrtle Ave. runs East off State Street between Key Bank and State Farm Insurance Office.
Coming from the North on I-15: Take the 5300 South Exit, Turn Left onto 5300 South, Go to State Street and turn left, Myrtle Avenue will be on the right just past Starbucks and Murray Park (Myrtle Ave. runs East off State Street between Key Bank and State Farm Insurance Office.
Dog Friendly Hotels near test site:
- Residence Inn, 171 East 5300 South, Murray, UT (801 262-4200)
- Crystal Inn, 818 Winchester, Stree, Murray, UT (801 685-9300)
- Quality Inn, 440West 5300 South, Murray, UT (801 506-8000)
TEST Information - Notice to Exhibitors
- The test site will be open from 8:45 AM until completion of tests.
- Do not arrive early as there will not be personnel available to assist you.
- Details regarding check in time and briefing will be sent approximately 1 week before the ORT.
An ORT must be taken and passed at least 14 days before a trial opening date to be eligible for the first draw period.
NO SPECTATORS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SEARCH AREA during the ORT except NACSW™ officials, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training, or immediate family members/friends of the dog/handler team currently being tested.
- TELEPHONE, FAX, UNSIGNED ENTRIES RECEIVED CANNOT BE ACCEPTED. On this website, Fees are to by paid by going to PAY FOR ORT under NACSW Trials and Tests on this website. Fees must be paid by Oct. 13, 2018.
- ENTRY FORM must be filled out and submitted by Oct. 13, 2018 on the ORT ENTRY FORM.
- No entry shall be made and no entry shall be accepted, which specifies any conditions as to its acceptance.
- OWNERS are responsible for errors in making out entry forms.
DOGS PRESENT will not be permitted to roam. Exhibitors are responsible for the behavior of their dogs. The owner of each dog is solely responsible for having it ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car or in the reserved indoor crating area when not being tested or on leash at all times in the designated potty area.
FEMALES IN SEASON: Contact your test host at least 1 day before the ORT if this becomes a possibility.
DOGS PARTICIPATING in ORT must be at least six months of age and must appear to be healthy on trial day and should be current on all vaccinations required by law.
Acknowledgement of entry acceptance/CONFIRMATION will be made when entries are processed for those handlers that provide an email address. If you require a confirmation via USPS, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry.
BASIC DESCRIPTION OF TEST – to successfully pass an ORT a dog must identify the location of the target odor and the handler must correctly call an “alert” within a three-minute time period. The Odor Recognition Test consists of a drill type exercise which requires 12 closed boxes set up in a pattern of one or two rows, spaced a minimum of 48” apart. The ORT is conducted on leash. Complete information can be obtained on the NACSW™ website.
All exhibitors should obtain and review a copy of the NACSW™K9 NOSE WORK® RULE BOOK. You may get it from their website: www.nacsw.net